Young GoodMan Brown Questions

1) The authors purpose if writing this story was to show his audience how people are capable of sinning.

2) I think Faith's name fits her because Young Goodman Brown's faith was to be with his wife.

3) I think that the pink ribbons represent his wife's innocence and playfulness. They may also mean she had different characteristics, what I mean is that she may have not have been innocent as we first thought.

4) I believe that everything Brown experienced was part of his imagination and conjured by evil. I say conjured by evil because as described in the story I believe it was him of the man who he was walking with had a cane in a shape of a serpent.

5) I think the old man may represent either dead or even maybe the devil, because who else walks around with a cane shaped as a serpent.

6) I believe the staff represents different sins that Young Goodman Brown has made.

7) I think if Brown had not ventured into the forest his life would have been different and I think he still would have had Faith in his life because after he walked into the forest he saw everyone differently. He would have still trusted everyone if he hadn't walked into the forest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 questions

Today I was Thinking

Self- Reliance Essay